Posted 17/03/2020 : By: Gemma Bailey
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – BAILEYS POLICY STATEMENT
We have been carefully watching the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus. To protect our landlords, tenants, contractors and team members we would like to make the following statement.
1) All property inspections will be placed on hold for the next 4 weeks, however this will be reviewed if the situation deteriorates. All tenants will be asked prior to the visit whether they have the following -
a. travelled overseas since the start of 2020
b. any symptoms of Covid-19
c. been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19
d. been advised to self-isolate
If any of these scenarios apply, the visit/inspection will be postponed further.
2) All viewings will continue as normal, unless either the applicant or current tenant/occupier are experiencing any of the above four scenarios.
3) All maintenance will continue as normal. Should the situation deteriorate, this will be re-evaluated. Tenants will be asked if they are experiencing any of the above four scenarios prior to the visit.
4) Baileys staff have been requested to avoid both hand shaking and close contact with others (1 metre distance as recommended by government sources). Please do not take offence at this; we are trying to keep our team safe and prevent the spread. We are requesting that no one visits the office for the next 2 weeks, unless a prior appointment has been made.
5) We are circulating information relating to Covid-19 to all parties to distribute information and help prevent the spread of the virus.
6) Should members of our team need to self-isolate, they will be able to do so with our full support and financial backing.
7) In the extreme circumstance that we are required to close the office, we have contingency plans to enable the business to continue operating as far as possible on a remote and/or skeleton basis and we would look to update you should this situation occur.
8) The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients and customers.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
· Dry cough
· High temperature/fever
· Shortness of breath
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
· Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
· Using regular hand sanitiser gel
· Cover your mouth or nose with tissue rather than your hand when coughing and sneezing
· Put tissues in sealed bin as soon as possible
· Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
· Avoid touching your face
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19
· Remain at home and self-isolate
· Do not visit your GP or hospital
· Use the NHS 111 online Corona Virus service for further advice